Awkward moments are what make us human, and I personally really enjoy them! Whether your stomach growls in the middle of class; you sing the wrong lyrics to a song in front of a crowd; or you even say good bye to a crush and end up walking back in the same direction as him, awkward moments are awesome and make for some pretty funny stories. It is extremely important to have a good laugh at yourself at least once a week, so with that, I will share what happened to my friend and I the other night.
My friend came to visit me for a few days and the other night we made plans to watch the Miami Heat game with some of her friends she met while traveling in Israel. They told us that they were located on 23rd street in a gigantic house. So, naturally when we arrived, we saw the big house and proceeded to park and knock on the door. Little did we know, we had actually turned onto 23rd terrace and were approaching a large house with the same address as the house on 23rd street. When we knocked on the door, a young, tall, dark, and DROP DEAD GORGEOUS man opened the door and didn’t say a word. We then proceeded to introduce ourselves and had a 5 minute conversation with him, until he finally asked “What can I do for you?” We told him that our friend who lives in this house was expecting us, and of course, the awkward moment never fails to strike when the guy replies, “I’m really sorry, but I think you are at the wrong house.” We were mortified and very confused because we still hadn’t realized we were on the wrong road. As we apologized and got back into my car, we then saw the street sign and bursted out laughing!
Awkward moments sneak up on you and will follow you for the rest of your life, but it’s up to you how you will handle them. My best advice is to just laugh it off, because everyone loves a good laugh!
Here are some of my favorite awkward moments I have experienced so far:
- That awkward moment when you tell a story as your own to the person who originally said it.
- That awkward moment when wikipedia copied your homework.
- That awkward moment when you realize someone was actually home the whole time you were singing at the top of your lungs.
- That awkward moment when you aren’t paying attention and follow someone off of the elevator onto the wrong floor.
- That awkward moment when you find that your zipper has been down.
- That awkward moment when you realize that you texted the wrong person.
- That awkward moment when you fall out of your desk chair from rocking back too much.
- That awkward moment when the dentist asks you a question while his hands are in your mouth
- That awkward moment when you run a quick errand looking like a mess and you run into at least 10 people you know.
- That awkward moment when you forget somebody’s name 2 minutes after they introduced themselves to you.
- That awkward moment when you don’t get your friend’s joke and they have to take the time to explain it to you.
- That awkward moment when someone decides to move to another bus seat away from you when it becomes free.
- That awkward moment when you are lifting 5 pound dumbbells in front of a hot guy and another girl next to you is lifting 12 pound dumbbells.
- That awkward moment when your dad thinks every boy you talk to is your boyfriend.
- That awkward moment when your hand touches someone’s butt by mistake.
- That awkward moment when you realized you’ve been mispronouncing a word your entire life.
- That awkward moment when you are checking yourself out in the window of a restaurant and there is somebody watching you from inside the restaurant.
- That awkward moment when somebody says “Hello” and you reply “I’m good, thanks!”
- That awkward moment when somebody is watching you take a picture of yourself.
- That awkward moment when you have already said “what?” three times to a person and still have no idea what they said, so you just nod your head in agreement.