Today, my roommates and I invited some friends over to watch game 4 of the NBA playoffs and had a mini basketball party. Since this was an “official shindig,” there obviously had to be good food for everyone to eat! My roommate, the chef, made the most DELICIOUS recipe she learned from her sister. After stuffing myself throughout the whole game, I obviously needed to post the recipe on here! It’s a perfect appetizer because it takes only 40 minutes to bake and it feeds a lot of people.
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pkg refrigerated crescent dough
- 1 egg white, lighten beaten
- 2 tbsp silvered almonds
- preheat oven to 375 F. Combine broccoli, chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, pressed garlic and salt in a batter bowl and mix well
- Unroll one package of the crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange the longest sides of dough across width of rectangle stone. repeat with remaining package of dough. Using a roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On the longest sides of baking stone cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart and 3 inches deep.
- Spread filling evenly over center of dough. To braid, lift dough strips across filling to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid. Brush egg white over the dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown